Alpine S-W8D4 S-Series 8" Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer
Alpine introduces the all-new S-Series Subwoofers, their unique design substantially improves bass output and provides installation versatility.
Available in a twelve, ten and eight-inch each S-Series subwoofer uses a custom-stamped steel frame. These high-strength frames were designed to withstand the rigours of the improved S-Series motor. They have frame leg vents as well as a vented backplate to help cool the subwoofer voice coil and motor parts, plus a shallow design to help fit in smaller spaces.
The S-Series Subwoofers incorporate two strontium ferrite magnets that are stacked together, providing increased motor strength and excursion which ultimately delivers and accurate bass to your music.
Installation time will be significantly reduced with the convenient push-type insert terminals with dual voice coil jumper system. Just strip the speaker insulation at the wire end, then insert the bare wire into the hole of the spring-loaded push terminal. While the concealed mount gasket system creates a clean, finished appearance for any vehicle.
All S-Series subwoofers are compatible with optional grilles (sold separately) to provide added protection to the cone. The grilles feature a mesh design with an S-Series logo badge.
- 8” 4Ω+4Ω Subwoofer
- High Strength Custom Steel Frame
- Push-Type Insert Terminals
- Dual Voice Coil Jumper System
- Concealed Mount Gasket System
- Strontium Ferrite Double Stacked Magnets
- Power Range: 300W-900W
- RMS Power Handling: 300W
- Peak Power Handling: 900W
- Mounting Depth: 3-3/4”
- Frequency Response: 36Hz-200Hz
Recommended Box Enclosures
- Recommended Sealed Box: 0.30 cubic foot (gross volume)
- Recommended Vented Box: 0.71 cubic foot (gross volume), 7” x 0.75” vent area, 15.5” vent length