JL Audio C1-690 2-way Component System: 6" x 9" (150 mm x 230 mm) Woofer, 1" (25 mm) Aluminium Dome Tweeter (Sold as pair)
C1 speakers deliver real substance and great audio performance in a format designed for easy fit behind factory grilles.
To facilitate fit, spacer/adaptor rings are included allowing the C1-690 woofers to be installed in bottom-mount applications. Surface and flush mounts are included with C1 tweeters for maximum installation versatility.
C1 woofer drivers benefit from proprietary FEA modelling and JL Audio’s expertise in low-frequency driver design. This knowledge is used to create speakers that can play loudly while maintaining a smooth, dynamic, low distortion sound.
At the core of the C1-690 are a proprietary, stamped, steel 6 x 9-inch (150 x 230 mm) oval frame and a DMA-optimized motor system. A mineral-filled, injection-moulded polypropylene cone is suspended with a rubber surround on the front, and a carefully engineered flat Conex® spider at the top of the voice coil, to precisely control motion and prevent impact between the voice coil and the backplate.
Tinsel leads are carefully routed and attached to the spider to prevent fatigue and buzzing. These are the same kinds of features and materials normally found on much more expensive loudspeakers.
Equipped with a true, edge-driven, 1-inch aluminium dome tweeter, the C1-690 stands further apart from others in its category with superior high-frequency clarity and definition.
The tweeter’s design has an inherently excellent off-axis response and high-frequency extension. It also benefits from the damping of a silk surround suspension and Ferrofluid in the voice coil gap, along with the superior strength of a neodymium magnet circuit.
An in-line, outboard 2nd order high-pass filter, with Advanced Tweeter Protection Circuitry, is included to further enhance smoothness and improve power handling.
- Continuous Power Handling (RMS): 60 W
- Peak Music Power: 225 W
- Recommended Amplifier Power (RMS): 10 – 100 W / Ch.
- System Efficiency: 89.0 dB @ 1 W / 1 m
- System Nominal Impedance: 4 Ω
- System Frequency Response: 39 Hz – 22 KHz ± 3 dB
WOOFER PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS:
- Frame Outer Diameter* (A): 6.38 x 9.33 in / 162 x 237 mm
- Grille Tray Outer Diameter (B): N/A
- Motor Outer Diameter (C): 3.54 in / 90 mm
- Frontal Coaxial Tweeter Protrusion (D): N/A
- Frontal Grille Protrusion (E): N/A
- Mounting Hole Diameter (F): N/A
- Mounting Depth (G): 2.75 in / 70 mm
- *Does not take into account mounting tabs **Frontal grille protrusion measured from the mounting surface
TWEETER PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS:
- Flush Mount Fixture Diameter (A1): 1.97 in / 50 mm
- Surface Mount Fixture Diameter (A2): 2.01 in / 51 mm
- Flush Mount Mounting Hole Diameter (B): 1.75 in / 45 mm
- Flush Mount Mounting Depth (C): 0.40 in / 10 mm
- Flush Mount Tweeter Frontal Protrusion (D1): 0.32 in / 8 mm
- Surface Mount Tweeter Frontal Protrusion (D2): 0.87 in / 22 mm
CROSSOVER PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS:
- Depth (D): 1.34 in / 34 mm
- Height (H): 0.90 in / 23 mm
- Width (W): 1.96 in / 50 mm